Internal Medicine Specialty Service
Dr. Sophie Saati, m.v, DVSc, Dipl. ACVIM (Internal Medicine), assisted by her primary RVT, Kat Milcke, are present Monday to Thursday for referrals and transfers from emergency services.
Internal medicine specialists investigate the nature of many chronic or severe diseases afflicting your pet’s systems, including: gastrointestinal; upper and lower respiratory tracts; endocrine (pancreas, adrenal glands, thyroid); urogenital (kidney, bladder, urethra, reproductive); and immune-related diseases.
The ultimate goal is to improve or maintain an adequate quality of life for your pet. To do so, the internal medicine service works in close collaboration with other veterinary specialists and emergency services. We are able to offer a wide variety of on-site services such as:
- Complete laboratory in close collaboration with clinical pathologists
- Complete imaging service (digital imaging, ultrasound, and CT scan)
- Endoscopy of respiratory and digestive tracts
- Biopsies of masses or abnormal mucosal linings
- Lung wash for inflammatory or infectious diseases
- Retrieval of upper gastrointestinal or upper respiratory foreign bodies
- Balloon dilation of strictures such as esophageal
- Bone marrow cytology or biopsy
- Joint taps with cytological and bacterial analysis
Contact Us Referral Form - English Referral Form - French